Recipe by Girl from India
Top Review by *Parsley*
I made this very colorful by using a purple eggplant, a white eggplant, a green pepper and a red pepper. I also threw in some garlic and some small peeled onions from the garden. I'm glad I added them, because even though I used both thyme and oregano, I think it would have been too bland for me withour the garlic and onions. This is a great combination of veggies for roasting; thanx!
- 2 red peppers, destemmed,deseeded and quartered
- 1 -2 small eggplant, cut into wedges that are around 2.5 cm in length
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and black pepper (freshly ground if possible)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon oregano leaves (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Arrange the wedges of the eggplant and the red pepper in a baking pan. (A large pan is preferable to facilitate even cooking.)
- Drizzle the oil and sprinkle the seasonings over the vegetables.
- Roast in the oven for around 15 mins (turn with a spatula now and then) until the vegetables are brown around the edges.
- Sprinkle the fresh herbs if you are using them.