Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a church friend. These potatoes are full of flavor and compliment chicken and pork very well. The balsamic vinegar gives it a nice bite, but is not overwhelming. Try to keep yourself from eating them all!
- 4 medium yellow-fleshed potatoes, scrubbed well
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Put oven rack in the lower third of oven and preheat to 450.
- Halve the potatoes lengthwise, then cut the halves lengthwise into 4 wedges. Finally, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl (one with a lid is better), toss with oil, salt, rosemary and pepper.
- Put on a cookie sheet and roast for 12 minutes. Turn over.
- Sprinkle the sliced onions on the potatoes and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar, shaking the pan.
- Return to oven for 3 minutes.
Delicious! And very easy to put together. The vinegar is a nice touch. Went very well with a broiled flank steak. Made for Spring 2011 PAC game.