Greek-Style Oven-Roasted Lemon-Butter Parmesan Potatoes
I My family could make a meal just with these potatoes, they so delicious! Adjust all seasonings to taste, for a more lemon flavor then increase the lemon juice.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 3 lbs potatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted (no substitutes)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (optional or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- chopped fresh parsley
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter a shallow baking dish large enough to hold the potatoes.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into large wedges and place into the prepared baking dish.
- In a bowl combine the broth, lemon juice, butter, oregano, salt, pepper and minced garlic (if using); mix well to combine.
- Pour over potatoes in the dish and stir to coat well.
- Cover the dish tightly with foil.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Uncover and turn potatoes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and return to oven (uncovered).
- Bake for another 20-30 minutes, or until potatoes are done to desired tenderness.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and serve.
- *NOTE* the Parmesan may be sprinkled on just after baking if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
To avoid mushy potatoes (they're very tasty but also quite mushy using just the recipe), do the following when you take off the foil for the second stage of cooking, once most of the liquid is absorbed/boiled off. Turn the oven up to 425°F and heat about 1/4 cup of oil on top of the stove. Pour the oil onto the potatoes and stir them around. Then roast for an additional 30 to 40 minutes - as long as it takes to get them crisp.2Reply
see 58 more