Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Even though this recipe is for Snapper, you can really use it with any type of fish you like.
Make and share this Oven Fried Snapper recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse fish with cold water, pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut fish into four serving size portions.
- Combine oil, salt and garlic in oblong baking dish.
- Place fish in mixture and let marinate 10 minutes.
- Turn and let marinate another 10 minutes.
- Remove fish from marinade.
- Roll in cheese, then crumbs.
- Place on well-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 500F for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
This was wonderful and came out very garlicky and flavorful! I used a fruity extra-virgin olive oil, doubled the freshly-pressed garlic, and reduced the salt to just a pinch of Kosher - marinated everything in a Ziploc bag for 30 minutes and used another Ziploc bag for freshly-grated parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs (although I substituted 1 cup of crushed pork rinds for the bread crumbs). Definitely use freshly-grated parmesan cheese, or it might come out too salty%u2026
Simple, easy, quick, wonderful!! We've tried this recipe several times, sometimes with Snapper but usually use Tilapia. Regardless of the type of fish we've loved it each time. Tonight, we just happened to have some chunk parmesan that we grated fresh (versus the "shaker" type we usually have on hand). Zowabunga!! It was fantastic... our dinner guests could NOT stop talking about how good it was. I have to agree.
We found this to be VERY salty - I would definitely cut it to 1/2 tsp.