Fried Snapper With Avocado
The combo of crisp fried fish and silky smooth avocado works extremely well in this recipe. In the islands of the Caribbean where this dish originated, the fish is often served with fried dumplings or hard-dough bread.
- Ready In:
- 1 lemon
- 32 ounces red snapper
- 2 teaspoons spice seasoning
- flour, for dusting
- oil, for frying
- 2 avocados, sliced widthways to serve
- cooked corn, to serve
- chopped fresh parsley
- lime slice, to garnish
- Squeeze the lemon juice both inside and outside the fish, and sprinkle with spice seasoning. Place the fish in a shallow dish, cover and set aside in a cool place to marinate for a few hours.
- Lift the marinated fish out of the dish and dust thoroughly with the flour shaking off any excess.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the fish and fry gently for about 10 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile cut the avocados in half, remove the pits and cut in half again. Peel away the skin and cut into thin strips.
- When the fish are cooked through, and skin is crisp and brown, transfer them to a warm serving dish. Add the avocado and corn slices . Garnish with lime slices and serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION