Spicy Red Snapper
My in-laws go deep sea fishing a lot, so we're always trying new seafood recipes. This is one that my mother-in-law gave me, and it's incredible
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 (6 ounce) red snapper fillets
- On a large piece of wax paper, mix together paprika, cayenne, black pepper, onion powder, thyme, basil, garlic, and oregano.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter with oil.
- Brush both sides of snapper fillets with butter mixture, reserve remaining.
- Coat both sides of fillets with seasoning mixture.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat until a drop of water sizzles on it.
- Drizzle half of remaining butter mixture on one side of the fillets and place fillets butter side down in pan.
- Cook over high heat until the fish is deeply browned.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 1 more