Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is from Cooking Light - you can also serve the tomatoes over chicken, or rice, pasta, eggs...
- 12 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut in half
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano)
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 24 slices French bread (1/2-inch thick)
- 24 fresh basil leaves
- Pre-heat oven to 250f.
- Arrange tomatoes in a single layer in a 13x9" baking dish and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with herbs, garlic, pepper & salt.
- Bake for 4 hours.
- Place one tomato, with herbs/garlic, on top of each toast round, topped with one basil leaf.