Grilled Polenta Rounds
Take 2 frozen orange juice cans, empty, wash and dry. These will be used to mold the polenta into tube shapes that you can then cut into rounds.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 32mins
- In a medium saucepan, over high heat, bring the water to a boil.
- Add the salt and in a steady stream, add the cornmeal, stirring vigorously.
- Cook and stir for 10 minutes, until the polenta is smooth and leaves the side of the pan.
- Transfer the hot polenta into a clean empty orange juice cans.
- Let cool and then refrigerate until firm.
- Open the end of the cans with a can opener and shake polenta out or push it out.
- Cut into 1/2" slices.
- Grill or saute polenta rounds in olive oil or butter.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I've never made polenta before, I always bought the expensive premade version, and I found this recipe to be very easy! I don't buy canned OJ, so I just poured the mix into a small baking dish and cut it into squares. I also didn't use salt, I just used a little vegetable bouillon instead. I will be making this again soon for a casserole recipe. Thanks for sharing!