Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Taken from a Pillsbury cookbook. This roast freezes well after cooking and reheats well; simply add a little water before reheating.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs chuck roast
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine (or water)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard or 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 lemon, sliced
- In a large pot, cover roast with water; salt to taste.
- Simmer covered on medium-low for 1-1/2 hours.
- While roast is simmering mix remaining ingredients for sauce.
- Drain water from roast and place roast in a baking dish.
- Pour sauce over roast, coating well and cover with tight lid or foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45-60 minutes or until tender.
- Note: To reheat, add a little water, cover, and bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes.