2 hrs 20 mins
Taken from a Pillsbury cookbook. This roast freezes well after cooking and reheats well; simply add a little water before reheating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot, cover roast with water; salt to taste.
- 2Simmer covered on medium-low for 1-1/2 hours.
- 3While roast is simmering mix remaining ingredients for sauce.
- 4Drain water from roast and place roast in a baking dish.
- 5Pour sauce over roast, coating well and cover with tight lid or foil.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45-60 minutes or until tender.
- 7Note: To reheat, add a little water, cover, and bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven BBQ Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 723.9
- Calories from Fat 467
- Total Fat 51.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.9 g
- Cholesterol 182.5 mg
- Sodium 571.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 49.5 g