BBQ Pot Roast
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 5 lbs chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon good curry powder
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 drops liquid smoke
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard (I like Colman's)
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- Rub the roast with the freshly ground pepper and the curry powder. Heat a large frying pan and add the oil. Brown the meat on all sides, using high heat.
- Prepare the sauce by simmering all the sauce ingredients until the onions are soft. Place the roast in a large piece of aluminium foil and place on a baking sheet. Pour the sauce over the roast and fold the foil over to seal the roast well. Place on a grill or in a 350 degree oven for about 2 hours.,or until tender. ( I prefer to put the roast in a dutch oven ,minus the foil, and pouring the sauce over the roast. This way you need to check the liquid, may need a little water.Using the dutch oven you can either place the Dutch Oven on top of the BBQ ,or on the stove top ,or in your regular oven as above.).
- You may wish to add a bit of salt when serving. I like with spratzle or wide egg noodles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket> <br> <br>I retired in 1994.I have taken over the kitchen ever since. With my wife's permission of course.I just love to cook. <br><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket>