Prep 8 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 4 lbs chicken pieces
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Put a small amount of oil in lg skillet and brown the chicken pieces.
- Drain, put chicken in 13x9 baking pan.
- Saute onion in butter, add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bake at 350* for 1 hour, until chicken is done, basting occasionally.
This is soooo AWESOME Inez!!!!! The sauce is so flavorful, and was pretty easy to make! I made it with chicken breast tenders (what i had on hand. I also added 2 cloves of garlic. My husband loved it also (although he though it was a smidge sweet- but i did not think so). Thanks soooo much for posting this! I am sure we will have it again!
I couldnt agree more with Dale! I used 6 bone in chicken thighs, the chicken was fall of the bone tender, and the sauce was the perfect barbecue flavour. Served with a mashed potato casserole and baby peas.
This was very good. The recipe was simple and it worked! I used skinless chicken breasts in mine and served it over mashed potatoes with steamed vegetables. I loved the sweet tangy flavour of the sauce.