Oven Barbecued Chicken
photo by Pneuma
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken over medium heat. Transfer to a 13-in. x 2-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Remove skillet from stovetop and recoat with cooking spray; cook onion over medium heat until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Pour over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I don't know why it's called barbecue when it's saucy ;) But nevertheless, love the smell while the onions/vinegar mixture was being cooked and all the more when they were baked in the oven. The wonderful balsamic taste with the worcestershire sauce/onions can be tasted and it's wonderful served with rice. Made and enjoyed! Thank you so much for sharing this fabulous dish! Made for Spring PAC 2009.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am carolinafans daughter!!!!!!!! Hooray for me!!! My daughter is Destiny, which I'm sure many of you have heard about from my mom. After seeing my mom come to this website for years (and eating all the good food), I decided to join.