Recipe by Lalaloula
This wonderful and very convenient way of making a creamy risotto comes from German chef Tim Mälzer. He says: "While the risotto is baking in the oven, youll have enough time to prepare a yummy dessert." I hope youll enjoy this as much as we did! :) Note: The original uses mushrooms, but I used a mix of carrots and pak choi instead. Feel free to use veggies of choice adjusting sautee time as needed.
- 200 g risotto rice (I used canaroli)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, minced (or 1 ts dried)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch allspice (optional)
- 400 ml vegetable broth, warm (can use chicken as well)
- 100 ml apple juice (or use white wine)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 onions, diced
- 200 g vegetables, chopped (of your choice, see note above)
- 50 g parmesan cheese, grated
- aluminum foil, for covering pan
Directions See How It's Made
- In an oven-proof, greased (or non-stick) casserole dish combine rice, rosemary, allspice and pepper. Pour over applejuice and warm broth.
- Cover pan with aluminium foil and bake in the pre-heated oven at 180°C/350°F for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a skillet and sautee onion and garlic clove until lightly browned. Add vegetables of your choice and sautee until nearly done. Set aside.
- After the rice has baked for 25 minutes, remove from the oven, uncover and add vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese and bake (uncovered) for another 10 minutes.