Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great make ahead meal for parties and family dinners.
Make and share this Oven Baked Mostaccioli recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 16 ounces mostaccioli pasta, cooked 8 minutes, drained and tossed with
- 1 -2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large skillet, combine beef, green peppers and onion. Cook until meat has browned.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce and water. Bring to a boil, then simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup of meat sauce mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Top with half of the pasta.
- Then a layer of 2 cups of mozzarella cheese and all of the parmesan cheese.
- For the next layer, add 2 cups of sauce, remaining pasta and mozzarella cheese.
- Top with remaining sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- NOTE: To make ahead--completely assemble then refrigerate. Cook the assembled meal right before serving. You may have to add some cooking time because of the refrigeration. To make clean up easier, consider foil lining the baking dish. Easy clean up is so nice when entertaining!
Wonderful Donna! This was my very first time making mostaccioli and thought this was a perfect recipe. Only thing I did different was added a little sugar to my sauce mixture and only used mozzarella cheese and no parmesan. Thanks!!
Excellent Dish! My family and boyfriend and his family love this dish! I had a package of ground intalian sausage so used that instead of ground beef. I also just used Ragu Mushroom & Green Pepper spaghetti sauce because I did not have a can tomatoe sauce. It came out perfect! Thank you so much Donna!!!
What a wonderful easy meal.. Made this on a game day and dh told me more than once he liked it :) I also added more cheese than called for, sprinkling some parmesan on top. I also added some garlic and italian seasoning.. This will be made over and over.. Thanks so much Donna for a great, tasty meal..