Dorothy's Baked Mostaccioli
photo by tiffanyricker
- Ready In:
- 1 lb Italian sausage, skin removed
- 1 green pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut in thin rings
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 16 ounces mostaccioli pasta or 16 ounces penne, cooked about 10 minutes drained and tossed with
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated,divided
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a large skillet,combine sausage,pepper and onion,cook until browned.
- Stir in sauce and water.
- Bring to a boil,then simmer about 5 minutes.
- Put 1/2 cup of the sauce in a 9x12 baking dish.
- Top with half the pasta and 2 cups mozzarella cheese.
- Add remaining 3 cups sauce,remaining pasta and cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes,or until done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
July 8, 2009: Our resident bionic woman lost her battle to cancer yesterday. MEP was a passionate, caring and beloved member of our community and she will be deeply missed. Our thoughts go out to her family, Gordy and Cakes, at this difficult time. Her vivacious spirit will live on here at Recipezaar. If you'd like to express your condolences, there is a thread here: <br> <br>http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=306823 <br> <br>and a cookathon here: <br> <br>http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=306828 <br> <br>Liza @ Recipezaar <br>****************************************************** <br> <br>I AM The Bionic Woman. <br> <br>I am married. To El Gordo for 29 years. <br> <br>I have one daughter whom I call Cakes, but is actually Caitlin. She's 18, and absolutely amazing. <br> <br>I also have a dog named Otis Voy - a Chocolate Lab who is 14 years old ! <br> <br>I am a cancer survivor. I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma in 1994. It came back again in 1996, and I then had a bone marrow transplant.Was cancer free for 12 years. <br> <br>I also had a liver transplant in 2005 - and I'm still here... <br> <br>And now I can add that I've just been diagnosed with Secondary Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS) as a result of the above-mentioned cancer/bone marrow transplant. <br>The s--- never ends...and now...lung cancer! <br>A new challenge for The Bionic Woman!