1/3 Photos of Oven-Baked French Toast With Peaches
From Australian Better Homes and Gardens Diabetic Living. This looks like it would be a beautiful weekend or lazy day breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200C (fan forced).
- 2Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- 3Cut each slice of raisin bread in half to form 2 triangles out of each slice.
- 4Whisk the eggs, skim milk (or buttermilk) and cinnamon in a shallow dish.
- 5Dip each piece of bread into the egg mixture, allowing any excess to drip off.
- 6Put each piece on the tray and then bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until egg mixture has turned golden brown.
- 7Divide the toast between two plates.
- 8Spoon the yoghurt over, top with peach slices and sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- 9Serve straight away.
- 10TOASTING ALMONDS - spread the almonds over a baking tray and cook stirring once for 5 - 6 minutes in an oven preheated to 160C (fan forced) until lightly golden.
- 11ALTERNATIVE 1 - sourdough bread for the raisin bread.
- 12ALTERNATIVE 2 - use canned apricots instead of the peaches.
- 13ALTERNATIVE 3 - replace the vanilla yoghurt with a flavour of your choice.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Baked French Toast With Peaches
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.2
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 192.1 mg
- Sodium 222.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 12.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: