Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Australian Better Homes and Gardens Diabetic Living. This looks like it would be a beautiful weekend or lazy day breakfast.
- 3 slices raisin bread
- 2 eggs (50g, small)
- 2 tablespoons skim milk (or buttermilk)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 90 g vanilla yogurt (low fat)
- 6 peach slices (canned drained)
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds (toasted)
- Preheat oven to 200C (fan forced).
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut each slice of raisin bread in half to form 2 triangles out of each slice.
- Whisk the eggs, skim milk (or buttermilk) and cinnamon in a shallow dish.
- Dip each piece of bread into the egg mixture, allowing any excess to drip off.
- Put each piece on the tray and then bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until egg mixture has turned golden brown.
- Divide the toast between two plates.
- Spoon the yoghurt over, top with peach slices and sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- Serve straight away.
- TOASTING ALMONDS - spread the almonds over a baking tray and cook stirring once for 5 - 6 minutes in an oven preheated to 160C (fan forced) until lightly golden.
- ALTERNATIVE 1 - sourdough bread for the raisin bread.
- ALTERNATIVE 2 - use canned apricots instead of the peaches.
- ALTERNATIVE 3 - replace the vanilla yoghurt with a flavour of your choice.
I love this recipe! This would be awesome for large breakfast group especially being able to put it in the oven instead of pan frying. And it give big flavor for low cost :)
I was looking for something different to cook for my daughters' breakfast and they chose this recipe to try. It was so delicious with a fantastic flavor! It's often difficult to find a recipe that they both like, but this recipe got a big thumbs up from both of them.
Breakfast for supper is always a hit in our house. This dish was perfect! I didn't think it would but the toast did actually cook in only 10 minutes. I doubled the recipe and also used 8 pieces of thick toast for the 4 of us. These were enjoyed by all of us! Made for Went to the Market tag game. Thanks I'mPat! :)