Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My daughter compiled this from 3 different recipes to submit as an entry to the county fair!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, white sugar and peanut butter until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Strit into the peanut butter mixture.
- Mix in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded spoonfulls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven until the edges are golden.
- Remove from cookie sheets to wire racks to cool.
Excellent cookies - easily converted to gluten free using gluten free flour, gluten free oats and adding 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed. Thanks for posting this.
these cookies were really good. My husband absolutely loves em!
I hope this young lady won the Blue Ribbon at her County Fair. BECAUSE THESE COOKIES ROCK! Good job Chef! JERSEYGIRL