I found this on wolfgangpuck.com and then while making it changed it around a little. It is delish and a little time consuming but that is why it is wise to double the recipe. This can be used as a side or a main dish. I didn't include cooling time for the peppers, that would be about 20 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces orzo pasta
- 1/8 cup chopped pimento stuffed olive, drained & chopped
- pimento stuffed olive, Garnish
- 1/8 cup black olives, pitted, drained and chopped
- pitted black olives, garnish
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground coarse black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, garnish
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1Roast peppers over flame of gas burner, or hot grill, or under the broiler until the skin is blackened and charred.
- 2Remove from heat and place in a large bowl.
- 3Cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit until cool enough to handle, about 15-20 minutes.
- 4With clean paper towels wipe off skin.
- 5Remove stems and seeds & chop.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil.
- 8When hot enough, add onions and cook until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 9Add diced peppers & minced garlic and saute for about 3 minutes.
- 10Bring to a boil a large pot with water or chicken or vegetable broth and add the orzo and cook, for about 4-5 minutes, partially cooking, to al dente.
- 11Drain and reserve pasta water.
- 12Add orzo to peppers, adding 1 cup of the pasta water.
- 13Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until pasta is cooked tender and consistency is creamy.
- 14Stir in olives and goat cheese until melted and well blended.
- 15Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- 16Garnish with parsley, olives and a drizzle of olive oil.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo With Roasted Peppers and Goat Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.7
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 16.8 mg
- Sodium 191.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 19.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives