This was one of my favorite side dishes served at our wedding. I plan to make it a lot. Pistachios and grapes are such a surprise in pasta salad but we love it!
- Toast pistachios: Take 1 cup of pistachios and put in a saucepan with the walnut oil.
- Warm the oil and nuts together, be careful not to boil.
- Saute garlic in a little olive oil.
- Prepare orzo from package instructions.
- When orzo has been drained, mix in enough of the pistachio/walnut oil mixture to coat the pasta.
- Add lemon juice to taste.
- Mix in sauteed garlic.
- Add grapes, and half the basil.
- Chill for several hours, or overnight.
- Before serving, add rest of basil, salt and pepper to taste, and the rest of the pistachios.