Gorgonzola and Pistachio Shortbread Wafers
photo by PalatablePastime
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Cream the gorgonzola and butter.
- Combine the flour, cornstarch, salt and cayenne ~ add to the butter/cheese mixture until well combined.
- Add the pistachios and lemon zest.
- Shape the dough into a log, wrap in plastic wrap, and freeze for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice about 1/4" thick and place about an inch apart, on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until they are light golden brown, about 8-14 minutes. (CHECK AT 10 MINUTES!).
- Cool on pan for about 10 minutes to firm up, remove and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Note: The shortbread will be rather soft when removed from the oven, but will crisp as it cools.).
- Store in an air tight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These just didn't work out for me. Dough would not come together (crumbled trying to wrap it). I added more butter and got it to come together then, but although I baked those fine after chilling, and extra carefully managed to get them to the plate in the photo, they still fell apart later, just picking them up. I think it is the cornstarch, as I looked at similar recipes that did not contain that. Perhaps others will have better luck---they are gorgeous if they would hold together and the taste is really nice. ~s
Very tasty! I left out the pepper but made as is otherwise. I only did a few shakes if the salt shaker, but should have measured it out because my wafers could have used a little more. Ate these plain and will a little caramelized onion dip (Trader Joes) and both ways were very good. Made for Photo Tag.