Pistachio Cheese Wafers
photo by KerfuffleUponWincle
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chopped pistachio nut
- In a proccesor or electic mixer beat together the butter and cheese. Then add 1 cup of flour and mix. In a seperate bowl combine the, salt and black and cayenne pepper. Add to the cheese mixture and beat until blended. Stir in the pistachios.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and divide in half. Shape each piece into a log and 1 inch across. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the chilled dough into 1/4 slices and place them about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.
- Transfer to a rack to cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
OMG, this is HEAVEN in every nibble! I have seen this recipe recommended many times by Chef Kerfuffle, and thought, really? I just gotta say, I'm so glad I tried them. I made 1/2 the recipe and am now kicking myself. I will be making more tomorrow. They are incredibly easy to make. I did use and additional 1T butter and that brought the flour, cheese and butter mixture together better, otherwise, it was crumbly. After chilling, they sliced up beautifully with a serrated knife. Just be sure to slice slowly. I baked 2-3 mins. longer (on a silicon mat). Simply delicious! I cannot wait to share these with my family tomorrow! YUM!
Oh my goodness, good good good!! Made half a recipe; chilled for about 40 minutes, had no problems slicing the roll. I, too, cut the salt in half because the pistachios were salted, and would cut the salt down even more the next time. Perhaps my cheese was on the salty side too? Still, great cookies! Will definitely make again. Thank you Britgal!
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born in Hornchurch Essex and worked for many years for BOAC. When I came to the US and met my husband I decided to stay in the travel business and have travelled all over the world because of my business and also as he was in the U.S.Air Force. We have 4 children and are now happily retired in the 'Avocado Capital of the World' We have one Maltese who we adopted, He is my shadow. We also adopted two kittens, Meekah and Bronte, and have 2 lovebirds and 2 parakeets. I have also enjoyed being an extra in several films and have appeared in a 'Golden Girls' segment. Having a son in Hollywood helps.