South Beach Chicken-Pistachio Salad
Phase I recipe
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup pistachio nut, shelled and finely ground
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground (plus a pinch)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sweet white onion, diced
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 teaspoon sweet white onion, grated
- 1 large avocado, pitted and peeled
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon water
To make the salad:
- Preheat the oven to 375. Mix the nuts in a pie plate with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Press the chicken into the nuts. Heat 1 Tbs of the oil in a skillet and cook the breasts, 2 min per side. Place the breasts in a baking dish and bake for 15 min or til thermometer registers 160 and juices run clear.
- Heat the remaining Tbs of oil in a nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the diced onion, 1/4 tsp salt, and a pinch of pepper. Cook til the onion is browned.
- Line 4 serving plates with lettuce. Slice the chicken breasts and arrange 1 breast on top of the lettuce on each place. Serve with the dressing.
To make the dressing:
- Puree the onion, avocado, oil, lime juice, and water in a blender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 4 more