Curried Tofu Salad
- Ready In:
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu (w/ liquid pressed out)
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, finely minced
- 1 stalk celery, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip or 1/4 cup mayonnaise, more if desired
- 4 teaspoons curry powder (or more)
- 1⁄4 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
- To press liquid out of tofu: place in a flat-bottomed sieve, put a plate on top and weight it down w/ something heavy-- after about an hour you'll probably have about 1/4- 1/2 cup of liquid pressed out.
- Chop tofu, not too small-- I use an wire egg slicer.
- Combine tofu, celery& onion.
- Add mayo, curry, lemon juice, and salt&pepper.
- Gently mix.
- Can use immediately but will be more flavorful if left in refridge for several hours to overnight.
- Great as a sandwich filling (similar to egg salad) or as a dip for vege crudites.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!