Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love this green bean recipe and it is only 1 point per serving! I don't like my green beans crunchy so I leave them boiling until they are soft.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oriental sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- In a large pot of rapidly boiling water, cook green beans until just tender, 4-5 minutes.
- While beans are cooking, in a small bowl combine soy sauce, oil, and sugar; set aside.
- Drain beans; set aside.
- Spray wok or 10" skillet with nonstick cooking spray; place over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring constantly, until softened, 20-30 seconds.
- Add green beans; cook, stirring and turning constantly, until well coated, about 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce mixture; continue to stir and turn until most of the liquid is absorbed, 1-2 minutes.
This was good - like the ones at the chinese buffet. Thanks for posting this recipe!
These are terrific! I found they were perfectly crisp-tender after boiling for 6 minutes. I added 1 teaspoon of fresh minced gingeroot along with the garlic and sauteed it in a bit of canola oil instead of using no stick spray. I added in some crushed red pepper flakes and we used some red chile paste( like Sambal Oelek) to add on top of the beans when they were done. I think these type of beans are so good with some heat to them-I can't stop eating them. Although they didn't taste exactly like the ones I get from my Chinese take-out place, they were still excellent and I will be making these many more times.I could make a meal out of these mixed with steamed white rice and chile sauce-I crave them! Thanks for the great recipe!
I love thi recipe. My husband and I have been making these for years and I realized that I have never submitted a review. Easy to make, tastes great and low calories! What more can you ask for!