Weight Watchers Creamy Mexican Dip
photo by teresas
- Ready In:
- 1 cup fat-free Greek yogurt, plain
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 3⁄4 cup avocado, diced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- In a medium bowl, stir together yogurt and salsa until blended.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.
- Before serving, garnish with additional cilantro, chopped avocado and chopped red onion.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a yummy and delicious dip. I only had a medium heat salsa so threw in some cayenne pepper for added heat. I cut the recipe in half and it was perfect for 2 people and some leftover for DH lunch. My avocado was on the riper side so it didn't hold up to the dicing but the flavor was so good. Served with recipe #370127. This is a keeper. Thanks for posting. :)
This was great. I'm on a yogurt cheese kick and am happy that it is weight watchers. I tested this on my dinner guest tonight, then told her it was made with yogurt. I did have to leave out the avocado since mine was not ripe yet. Our cilantro plant is not a profilic producer so we had about 4 stems of cilantro. The greek yogurt was 1 1/4 cup yogurt cheese and salsa was about 3/4 cup and used a bit less cumin. Never would have thought that yogurt and salsa would work so well together. Three of us demolished this 8 serving dish first as an appetizer with wavy lays (all we had) and then as an accompaniment to our tri tip meat. Did not let it set for any time at all. I'm sure it would taste even better made in the morning and consumed at night. Will definately make again and will be excited to try it with avocado.