Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Submitted By: Christiana Heins recipe Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes Ready In: 1 Hour 25 Minutes "A spicy, Thai-inspired soba noodle treat that's great for picnics and barbecues. For a Japanese-inspired version, omit the pepper flakes, peanuts, and cilantro; and add toasted sesame seeds."
- 15 ounces dried soba noodles
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 cup finely grated carrot
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped salted peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large pot, cook soba noodles according to package directions. Drain, rinse noodles with cold water, and set aside.
- Pour into a large bowl the sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and lime juice. Mix in lime zest, brown sugar, garlic, and red pepper flakes; stir until sugar dissolves. Toss in carrots, peanuts, and cilantro.
- Cut noodles into 3-inch lengths. Stir into dressing mixture. Cover, and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Toss salad again before serving. If dry, splash with soy sauce and vinegar. Serve cold.
- Nutrition facts (per serving).
- Calories (kcal) 242.
- Protein 9.6g.
- Cals from Protein 14%.
- Total Fat 3.7g.
- Cals from Fat 12%.
- Carbohydrates 47.4g.
- Cals from Carbohydrates 72%.
- Fiber 1.3g.
- Cholesterol 0mg.
- Sodium 1071mg.