Straciatella Soup (Italian Egg Drop Soup)
Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 10 minutes Serves 4 This is a wonderful light soup. Goes very well with garlic cheese bread or a bagatelle.
- Ready In:
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup minced Italian parsley
- salt and pepper
- Bring stock to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Beat together eggs, Parmesan cheese and parsley in a bowl.
- Reduce heat to low on stock and drizzle egg mixture into stock.
- Simmer, stirring until eggs are set.
- Season with salt and pepper.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I've made this for years! Old Italian grandma would call it "sick soup" Italian "Sick Soup"! heat chicken stock w/clove of garlic, then remove. Add broken up spaghetti and 1-2 eggs beat with a few tablespoons of shredded parm... after pasta cooked - lay the egg "froth" over the top - put lid on until cooked, slowly stir in careful not to break the eggs up too small... Still make it to this day!Reply