Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a crowd pleaser, family favorite receipe that was shared with me by a friend who's sister in law was Chinese. It didn't have a name and I changed a few things but it is a crowd pleaser that is often requested. It is easy to prepare and stores refrigerated for at least a week. It is an all in one meal with a vegetable, starch and protein. Add a side salad and enjoy.
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 heads green cabbage
- 1 bunch green onion
- 6 cups cooked white rice
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Slice bacon cross ways to make approximately 1 inch pieces.
- Brown in large deep skillet until crispy.
- Remove from grease and drain on paper towel, set aside for later.
- Chop cabbage and green onions into medium size pieces.
- In bacon grease, add cabbage, green onions and water.
- Cook on medium heat for approximately 30 minutes or to desired tenderness. ( I like mine well done).
- Crumble bacon into cabbage mixture, stirring well.
- Add rice, soy sauce, salt and pepper, mix well.