1/1 Photo of Oriental Cabbage
Kathy Sterling's Note:
This is a crowd pleaser, family favorite receipe that was shared with me by a friend who's sister in law was Chinese. It didn't have a name and I changed a few things but it is a crowd pleaser that is often requested. It is easy to prepare and stores refrigerated for at least a week. It is an all in one meal with a vegetable, starch and protein. Add a side salad and enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice bacon cross ways to make approximately 1 inch pieces.
- 2Brown in large deep skillet until crispy.
- 3Remove from grease and drain on paper towel, set aside for later.
- 4Chop cabbage and green onions into medium size pieces.
- 5In bacon grease, add cabbage, green onions and water.
- 6Cook on medium heat for approximately 30 minutes or to desired tenderness. ( I like mine well done).
- 7Crumble bacon into cabbage mixture, stirring well.
- 8Add rice, soy sauce, salt and pepper, mix well.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oriental Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.2
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 30.8 mg
- Sodium 1048.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 11.5 g