Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
These are such a crowd pleaser......you can't go wrong with them! I must give credit where credit is due...this recipe came from my sister in law, but I had to share it. I get such rave reviews every single time I serve them! Give them a try, you will NOT be sorry!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage link, with casing removed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely grated extra sharp provolone cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) packages white button mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet marsala wine
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- In a large mixing bowl combine sausage,garlic, bread crumbs,provolone, and a splash of the marsala wine.
- Combine well with very clean hands.
- Brush clean all mushrooms, and remove all the stems.
- Stuff each mushroom with the sausage filling and place in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Pour the remainder of the marsala wine in the dish with the mushrooms, and place the cold butter cubes in the pan around all the mushrooms.
- Place the pan in a pre heated 350 oven.
- Bake until sausage gets very brown and crispy on top around 25-35 min.
- During baking time, baste mushrooms with the buttery pan juices at least twice.
- Enjoy, these are just too good!