Recipe by evelyn/athens
These are so easy to make and so easy to eat! Cookies and Cream in truffle form. Divine!
Top Review by KatyMomma
I cannot give this a better review?! I LOVED making these! I found this recipe for a Christmas get together and it got the reaction that I was hoping for. Another family member thinks she is the queen of snacks and sweets, but her Puppy Chow went untouched as my truffles flew off the serving tray! It was a heavenly treat that I will include in my sweet treat recipe box. I plan on out-doing her every holiday from now on.... :)
- 1 lb Oreo cookies (3 sleeves)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract (using different extracts allows for subtle flavour changes...I've used mint extract, upped to 1 tsp) (optional)
- 1 lb milk chocolate
- 1⁄2 lb white chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a food processor, grind cookies to a fine powder. With a mixer, blend cookie powder, cream cheese and vanilla extract until thoroughly mixed (there should be no white traces of cream cheese).
- Roll into small balls and place on wax-lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Line two cookie sheets with wax paper. In double-boiler, melt milk chocolate. Dip balls and coat thoroughly. With slotted spoon, lift balls out of chocolate and let excess chocolate drip off. Place on wax-paper-lined cookie sheet.
- In separate double boiler, melt white chocolate. Using a fork, drizzle white chocolate over balls. Let cool.
- Store in airtight container, in refrigerator.
- Note: When I am exceedingly lazy (most often the case these days), I forego the chocolate 'dip' and merely roll my truffles into various mixtures - chopped nuts, chocolate sprinkles, vari-coloured candy sprinkles, cocoa powder, chocolate shavings, coloured sugars -- still pretty -- less work.