Gingerbread OREO Truffles
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
The Gingerbread Oreos are seasonal. Stock up and freeze them for later use. Can, also, be made into "pops". Chill time not included.
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces vanilla, flavored candy melts (Candiquik brand is microwaveable and dries quickly and perfectly)
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) gingerbread Oreo cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- candy sprinkles or gingerbread, men candy transfers
- Crush the Oreos into fine crumbs with a food processor or use a Ziploc bag with a rolling pin. Add the crumbs to a stand mixer with a large bowl with the softened cream cheese. Mix until incorporated. Roll the mixture into 1" balls. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour, until firm.
- To Coat: Melt the vanilla candy melts slowly, either in the microwave or on the stovetop according to directions on package.
- Drop one or two truffles into the melted chocolate and use a fork to remove balls, letting the excess chocolate drip. Place the balls back on the waxed paper.
- Add the toppings, before the chocolate hardens.
- Store in the refrigerator.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION