Easy Oreo Truffles
photo by Lalaloula
- Ready In:
- 250 g cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (real chocolate please)
- 2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup Oreo cookie crumbs (for rolling)
- Melt the chocolate chips and stir until smooth (I use the microwave and it takes around 1 minute on high, warning microwaves differ so check it part way through so you don't burn your chocolate).
- Mix the melted chocolate and cream cheese until smooth and evenly chocolate.
- Add the 2 cups of Oreo crumbs and mix until well blended (note: this is quite thick and a little hard to stir, but do it anyway).
- Form into small balls (1" or less) then roll in Oreo crumbs to lightly coat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Oh WOW, this recipe is soooo wonderful! It is super easy and quick to make and the results are dangerously DELISH! YUM! :) I used coconut filled oreos and bitter sweet chocolate which paired really nicely. I had to mix my cream cheese, chocolate and cookie crumbs with the hands, but other than that youre directions were spot on. I ended up with 23 truffles from half the recipe.<br/>THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us, *Pixie*! Ill definitely make this again and again and again (using all sorts of cookies, chocolates and extracts to experiment).
YUM! These were soo good. And easier than I was first expecting. Forming the balls and rolling them in the crumbs did take a while because I was doing it by myself, if you get somebody to help you with it will go much faster. I'm craving these.... hehe and I think we have stuff to make them. I will for sure be making them again!
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
This is me on the beach (at sunrise) from a southern vacation a few years ago. After loosing more than 50 pounds I am not so shy about bathing suits, beaches or pools as I used to be.