1/2 Photos of Orange White Chocolate Cheesecake
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A decadent white chocolate cheesecake with a touch of orange nestled into a graham cracker brown sugar crust with just a hint of cinnamon. Top this off with Apricot Coulis and everyone will be impressed. The use of orange extract will definately produce a stronger orange flavor; however, vanilla can be also be used with satisfactory results. This recipe was developed for RSC #9.------
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 (6 ounce) packages white baking chocolate
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup raw sugar or 1/3 cup refined sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 2 teaspoons orange extract or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine the graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon and sugar; pour in the melted butter and lightly mix with a fork until thoroughly combined.
- 3Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan; bake in preheated oven for 6 minutes.
- 4Remove from oven and set aside, immediately lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- 5Melt the white chocolate in the top of a double boiler over boiling water, stir constantly until melted; set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- 6With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on high speed until creamy.
- 7Add the sugar and continue to beat well, add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- 8Fold in the melted chocolate, sour cream, orange zest and extract.
- 9Pour the mixture into prepared crust and place in 325 degree oven for 1 hour, turn off oven and allow cheesecake to remain in oven with door slightly ajar for 30 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- 11Cover and place in refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- 12For the apricot coulis, place the apricots, 2/3 cup orange juice and honey in a small saucepan.
- 13Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until apricots are soft.
- 14Place the mixture into a blender and puree until smooth.
- 15Return mixture to pan and stir in Grand Marnier; allow to cool to room temeperature.
- 16If mixture is to thick thin with additional orange juice adding a tablespoon at a time until desired consistency.
- 17Spoon over top of cheesecake, garnish with orange zest and serve immediately.
- 18Please note that the preparation time does not allow for chilling the cheesecake overnight.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange White Chocolate Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 670.4
- Calories from Fat 423
- Total Fat 47.1 g
- Saturated Fat 28.2 g
- Cholesterol 165.7 mg
- Sodium 377.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 43.5 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: