Recipe by BestTeenChef
These muffins are full of flavor with every bite and taste great served with homemade strawberry rhubarb jam or just eaten plain!
Top Review by Terri Newell
I made a double batch last night, and they were delicious. Two changes....I added mixed dried fruit [craisins/raisins/currants] instead of nuts, and I sprinkled about 1/2tsp white sugar on top of each muffin before baking. My double batch yielded 24 large muffins.
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange rind
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh rhubarb, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- In a large bowl combine the first 6 ingredients (dry).
- Mix remaining ingredients in another bowl until blended; stir into flour mixture until just moistened.
- Spoon batter into a greased or paper-lined muffin pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from pan; cool on rack.