Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These muffins are full of flavor with every bite and taste great served with homemade strawberry rhubarb jam or just eaten plain!
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange rind
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh rhubarb, finely chopped
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- In a large bowl combine the first 6 ingredients (dry).
- Mix remaining ingredients in another bowl until blended; stir into flour mixture until just moistened.
- Spoon batter into a greased or paper-lined muffin pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from pan; cool on rack.
I made a double batch last night, and they were delicious. Two changes....I added mixed dried fruit [craisins/raisins/currants] instead of nuts, and I sprinkled about 1/2tsp white sugar on top of each muffin before baking. My double batch yielded 24 large muffins.
MMMMM this recipe makes up easy, and is so darned delicious. Everyone here gave it a 5 wishing they could give it more. I personally wish my rhubarb in the garden wasn't just in it's first year, so I could make this more often. Thank You for a really great keeper of a recipe, the next time I make them I am gonna frost them with a cream cheese frosting.