1/3 Photos of Orange Raisin Scones
Delicious flavor from the orange juice. I used reconstituted frozen OJ. I forgot to cut mine into triangular pieces before I baked them. It didn't seem to make any difference, they are very easy to cut after being baked.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift dry ingredients, cut in butter with pastry cutter or two knives.
- 2In a small bowl mix egg slightly and then add orange juice.
- 3Make a well in center of flour mixture and add liquid ingredients.
- 4Stir lightly, add raisins and mix just until raisins are incorporated .
- 5This will be quite sticky, turn out onto well floured surface.
- 6Split in half.
- 7You can use a cookie sheet now and with well floured hands push each into a circle about 6-8 inches, they should be about 1/2 inch thick.
- 8Cut into 8 triangular pieces but do not separate.
- 9Bake at 425°-450° for 10-15 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven when they are a nice golden color.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Raisin Scones
Serving Size: 1 (1056 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.2
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 56.9 mg
- Sodium 420.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 6.5 g