Recipe by Sue Lau
Pork roast for the crockpot with a fruity, herbal sauce with a hint of ginger. Posted by request.
Top Review by Carmencita81
The whole family loved this one. I followed the recipe but substituted the orange jiuce (I had none) with what was on hand, white grape peach. My husband, who is very picky, finished the whole thing off!
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) pork sirloin roast
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from pork roast.
- Mix together garlic, ginger, thyme, marjoram, and pepper.
- Rub meat with spices.
- Brown roast in skillet in oil on all sides.
- Place roast in crockpot.
- Mix together chicken broth, brown sugar, lemon juice, soy sauce, and orange zest.
- Pour juice over roast in crockpot.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Remove roast from crockpot and skim fat from sauce.
- Measure sauce and add water (if necessary) to make 2 cups.
- Stir together cornstarch and orange juice.
- Add sauce and orange juice/cornstarch to a saucepan and stir and cook until thickened, several minutes.
- Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve sauce with roast.