Orange Herbed Pork Roast for the Crock Pot!
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 15mins
- 1 (2 1/2-3 lb) pork sirloin roast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange peel, finely shredded
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- Trim fat from roast. In small bowl, combine garlic powder, ginger, thyme, and pepper. Rub spice mixture over entire roast. In large skillet, brown roast on all sides in hot oil. Drain.
- Transfer meat to slow cooker. Combine chicken broth, sugar, lemon juice, soy sauce and orange peel. Pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Transfer roast to serving platter, keep warm. For sauce, pour juices into glass measuring cup, skim fat. Add water to equal 2 cups. Transfer to saucepan. Combine cornstarch and orange juice, stir into juices in saucepan. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Serve sauce with meat.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I have made this twice following the recipe precisely. It's funny because the amount of seasonings used doesn't seem like enough to make a difference and the liquid mixture don't taste very good, but after the pork is cooked the flavors really come through! The pork is to die for and the gravy is awesome! Thanks for posting this recipe.Reply