Prep 7 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a great change of pace, wonderful for brunches or those special occasions. Rich and easy to make these will be a real treat!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 -2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon watkins vanilla
- 2 -3 cups all-purpose flour
- Combine the Eggs, Buttermilk, Butter, Heavy Cream, O.J. and Zest in a medium bowl. Whisk until mixed.
- Add the remaining ingredients in the order listed.
- Add the A.P Flour until desired thickness is achieved.
- Whisk all ingredients until just mixed. Do not over whisk. Lumps are desired.
- Pour batter on skillet set at 325 degrees. Cook each side until golden.
- This recipe can be made a day ahead if refrigerated; before using mix well.
The consistancy of the batter was good, as these made for a nice brunch for us. erved this with one of my Apple Butter recipes, and with Grilled Eggs With Vietnamese Seasonings#371950. Flavors, simplicity, and the overall taste was very nice.
I love pancakes and these were wonderful. I made half the recipe and had enough for two days worth of breakfast. The pancakes were quick and easy to make, even though the ingredients list is long, its very easy to make. All the flavors blended beautifully together. I added the zest from the whole orange and used a little more than 1/4 cup of orange juice in this recipe. It worked beautifully, great texture, thin like I love them, with a lot of flavor. I garnished my pancakes with homemade strawberry compote...yummy. Thank you for sharing a recipe that I have placed in my best of 2012 cookbook. Made for Spring Pac Orphanage 2012.
I was excited to try this recipe. My husband and I both really enjoyed this recipe and though these were very good. I used 3 cups of flour and omited the white sugar, and found that 2.5 cups of buttermilk gave the batter the right consistency. I'd like to make waffles with this recipe next time. A must with this recipe is Orange Butter #404355...the combination is wonderful. Made for Spring PAC 2012.