Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
The orignal recipe for this came from "What's for Dinner?" I have been successful exchanging the orange juice and zest for lemon juice and zest. It is delicious either way.
- 1 head broccoli, about 1 pound
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Wash and cut broccoli into florets.
- Bring about 1 cup of water to boil in a saucepan over high heat.
- Add broccoli florets, reduce heat to medium and cover.
- Cook until broccoli is crisp-tender and still bright green. About 5 minutes.
- Drain and return broccoli to pan.
- Add butter, orange juice, orange zest, salt and pepper.
- Toss together and heat through.
Loved it! Simple and quick, can't beat that. I cooked the broccoli in the microwave, drained and added the remaining ingredients. It has a delightful orange flavor that gives a clean freshness to the broccoli.
This was a quick and tasty recipe! I would have never thought that broccoli goes with orange, but it does - sucessfully! Thanks for posting - it was great!
Absolutely lovely! i will try to microwave the broccoli in future to stem the loss of nutrients but this tasted so wonderful, i awoke two days later CRAVING it!