Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a 9 inch bundt pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves,set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar, melted butter,eggs,milk and lemon juice.
- Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture,mix until well blended.
- Finally, stir in the walnuts and marmalade.
- Pour batter into the prepared Bundt cake pan.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
I made this yesterday evening and it was well enjoyed by 3 little kids and their parents at my place. I did substitute the ground nutmeg with cinnamon as I was out of nutmeg. My dad, of late, loves to have anything with orange marmalade, and it just made me smile, when he left his office and headed home, for just another bite;)!
This was a wonderful way to use orange marmalade. The cake was delicious and very moist. I will be making this again. Thanks for such a good and easy recipe.
This cake was excellent. I do not bake, but my 3 yr old kept asking me to 'bake a cake' and so we did. It was very easy for him to help with and it turned out wonderful (even though some ingredients ended up on the floor and counter). I would definitely make this again!