Ginger Marmalade Cake
Had this recipe for ages and never used it, until now! Served it today at our church coffee morning and it went down a storm, everyone asked me for the recipe...thought I'd share it. It's also fat free!
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces sultanas, and raisins mixed
- 1⁄2 pint cold tea
- 8 ounces self raising flour
- 4 ounces caster sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons ginger marmalade
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon black treacle
- Soak the mixed fruit in the tea overnight until the fruit swells.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C, Gas Mark 4.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar.
- In another bowl mix the egg and marmalade, then add the fruit mix, ground ginger and treacle.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together.
- Mix well and place in a lined or non-stick 8x11-inch tin and bake in the oven for approx 40 minutes.
- Leave to cool before slicing.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
i made this using 1/2 c dried cherries and 1/2 c golden raisins which i soaked overnight in an herbal robois tea i had made at the tea shop. i thought i followed to a t, but realized after it was in the oven that i used a loaf pan instead of a low baking dish. no problem, i baked this at 350f for 50 minutes and it came out wonderfully. i did spray the pan liberally with cooking spray before pouring the batter. this is delicious and reminds me of a moist gingerbread, but better. definitely a keeper!Reply