Orange Marmalade Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
For the cake
- 6 ounces butter, softened
- 6 ounces light brown sugar
- 2 oranges
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 6 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 ounces all-bran cereal, crushed
- 3 ounces sultanas
- 3 tablespoons marmalade
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 14 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ounces confectioners' sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease and line a 8in round cake tin.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, zest and orange juice of 1 orange until light and fluffy.
- Next gradually beat in the egg, followed by the flour, baking powder, cereal, sultanas, marmalade and corn syrup.
- Spoon into the prepared tin, then flatten the surface with the back of a spoon.
- Place in the oven and cook for 1¼ hours or until the cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Leave to cool in the tin before turning out.
- Combine together the cream cheese and icing sugar until soft and silky smooth, then spread evenly over the surface of the cake, finishing with a sprinkling of orange zest from the remaining orange.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Manchester, UK with my fiance and young son. I work at the local hospital in pediatrics and love my job. I also love cooking!! I have a sweet tooth but try and make healthy family meals, I'm not against some lovely treats now and then though :)