Recipe by Beautifully*Blessed
A favorite "summery" pound cake. I love the citrusy flavor mingled in with the creaminess of the classic pound cake. This recipe came from an old cookbook my granny gave to me called Extension Homemakers dated 1978.
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup Crisco
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat sugar and crisco until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time until well incorporated.
- Add vanilla and orange juice and mix well.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Bake in a lightly greased tube pan at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- ICING: Bring the 1 1/2 cups of sugar & 1 cup of orange juice to a boil and boil for 3-4 minutes. Pour over cake immediately after it's removed from the oven. Leave in pan until mixture soaks into the cake.