Recipe by Lvs2Cook
A great combination of flavors.
Top Review by ShaGun
This recipe needs salt or maybe minced garlic; otherwise, the shrimp is very bland. Even after an hour of marinating I didn't find that the shrimp absorbed much flavor. I did prepare it as specified, tasted it, and then made some additions. I stir-fryed some veggies in a wok. I made a second batch of the marinade recipe, combined it with the original marinade, and boiled it (adding a bit of cornstarch to a small amount of sauce & then stirring that into the full batch). This made a nice sauce with which to eat the Orange Ginger Shrimp Stir-fry. I served it over rice. I think fresh cilantro would be a nice addition. I'm not sure if I'd make this again.
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- In blender, blend all ingredients except shrimp. Process until smooth.
- Marinate shrimp in refrigerator for about 1 hour. Soak wooden skewers.
- Drain shrimp, discard marinade. Thread on skewers. Lay on baking sheet. Broil 6" from heat 3-5 minutes, turning once or until shrimp turn pink.
- Shrimp may also be grilled.