Retro Kali's Note:
This is different from the other recipes posted here; it uses sour cream, frozen coconut, and o.j. in the frosting. This cake needs to be refrigerated, and it is a bit tricky to get the right consistency for the frosting, adjust the ingredients until you get the right consistency for you. Draining the coconut before mixing it in might help. Seriously, this is the best creamsicle cake ever!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box orange cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box orange Jell-O
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups water
For the Frosting
- 1Combine cake mix, eggs, water, jello and oil. Beat well with mixer.
- 2Pour into two 9 greased and floured 9" cake pans.
- 3Bake in a preheated oven at 350 for 30 minutes or until done.
- 4Cool and cut in half horizontally, to make four layers. Frost between layers, top and sides. Store in the refrigerator.
- 5For Frosting:.
- 6Mix drained coconut, and sour cream.
- 7in a separate bowl combine orange juice and sugar, stir until dissolved.
- 8Combine all ingredients, adding more if too stiff.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Creamsicle Cake
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 590.9
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 69.7 mg
- Sodium 413.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 65.6 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: