Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These French Toast are so yummy. I made it with only 4 slices of bread. From Taste of Home Guilt Free Cooking cookbook.
- 2 -4 tablespoons butter, melted (I used 3 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 6 slices bread
- additional honey (optional)
- In a bowl, combine butter, honey and cinnamon. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan; spread to coat the bottom of pan. In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs, orange juice and salt if desired. Dip bread into egg mixture and place in the prepared pan.
- Bake at 400 F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Invert onto a serving platter; serve with honey if desired.
I cut this by 1/3 but found that 1 egg wasn't quite enough to cover my 2 pieces bread so my second piece was less eggy and more crispy from the syrup mixture on the bottom of the pan...I have to say I actually liked the 2nd piece better...it had a sweet crunchy coating that was divine..to up the orange flavour based on other reviewers I also added some orange extract. Very much enjoyed this decadent brekky. Thanks for posting!
Woah, BABY!!! This is the best French toast I've ever had! I had my doubts when it came out of the oven, as it was pale. But once you flip it over and see the crunchy goodness - oh my! Made it exactly as written, using a baguette that had been sitting unused on the counter for two days. We sliced the bread 1/2 inch thick then let it sit in the egg mix for about ten minutes so it would absorb, then baked per the recipe for the full 20 minutes. I loved it plain, but then drizzled some of Emeril Lagasse's Cajun Chocolate Syrup on it and wow, it took it to another level! Thanks Boomette, for another great ZWT recipe!
This is a tasty French toast! The orange flavor is nice. It made a great breakfast! Thanks!