Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
A variation of Cinnamon Biscuits. I was in a creative mood one morning and I liked the results!
Make and share this Orange Cinnamon Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons orange zest to milk, stir.
- Stir milk mixture into flour mixture with fork just until dough leaves sides of bowl, dough might be slightly sticky.
- Roll dough out, on lightly floured surface, into a 1/4 inch thick rectangle.
- Brush top with butter (I prefer to use soft butter and spread it).
- Combine 1 teaspoons orange zest and sugar, stir to distribute the zest, mix in cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over dough.
- Roll up, starting on long side.
- Cut into 1/2 inch thick rounds.
- Place rounds, with sides just touching, in greased 9" round pan.
- Bake at 425°F for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, cool for about 10 minutes and drizzle with glaze, serve warm.
Everyone loved these. The dough was very easy to roll out. I made the dough exactly as written and they were wonderful. I found that when I cut them some of the cinnamon mixture fell out, so next time I will probably mix the cinnamon with the softened butter and sugar and then spread it on the dough. I ran out of orange zest for the glaze so I added a little orange extract. Thanks for a great recipe.
Loved them! I doubled the recipe and used organic oranges for both the zest and juice in the icing. Delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
These rolls were delicious! I loved the orange zest in the biscuity rolls, and the cinnamon-orange sugar filling was great. I would say that my glaze came out a little to orangey for me, but I don't blame the recipe. I decided to add a 1/2 tsp of orange extract to the glaze, with fresh orange juice for the rest of the liquid. I think it was the extract that made the orange taste too strong. Next time I think I'll stick to the original recipe. In spite of this small critique, no one had anything but compliments for these rolls at our Easter brunch. I would suggest them to anyone.