1/2 Photos of Orange Chipotle Risotto in Rice Cooker or Stove Top
1 hr 10 mins
The creamy rice is flavored with fresh orange juice and zest. The smokey chipotle in adobo complements the orange. Saffron giving this a beautiful color. The cheese adds to the creaminess and saltiness so take care when seasoning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion (1 cup)
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 3 cups hot water or 3 cups hot chicken broth, adding more if needed
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon saffron thread, optional will enhance a pretty color and fragrance
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo (use sauce taste)
- 3 ounces asiago cheese, 1/2 cup grated
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, 1/4 cup chopped
- 1Rice Cooker:.
- 2Saute onions in butter in an open rice cooker, then add Arborio rice and liquids, zest, saffron, and chipotle pepper and sauce. Cook for about 25 minutes in an on/off cooker or use the "slow" or "porridge" cycle if your machine has one which should be 1 hour.
- 3Mix in grated cheese and herbs at the end. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4Stove Top:.
- 5Heat butter in a heavy non stick pot. Add onions and cook till translucent. Add rice and stir till coated. Add zest, saffron, and chipotle pepper and sauce. Add 1 cup of liquid at a time stirring on medium heat until absorbed. Continue cooking and adding liquid till desired tenderness is achieved. Stir in cheese and parsley season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Chipotle Risotto in Rice Cooker or Stove Top
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.5
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 31.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo