Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found on recipes4us.co.uk... haven't tried it yet but it sounds tasty!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- black pepper
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the chicken and brown on both sides. Remove from pan with some tongs and set aside.
- Reheat the oil in the pan, add the garlic and onion and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring, until just beginning to brown.
- Add the cumin, orange and lemon juices, orange zest and pepper, mix well then add the chicken, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spoon the juices over the chicken then add the capers, re-cover and simmer for a further 10-15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Serve immediately.
This turned out a bit bland and the chicken was a little dried out. Not bad, just ok.