Chicken Breasts with Spicy Honey Orange Glaze
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons red pepper flakes, crushed
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- In small bowl, combine honey with juice concentrate, orange zest, garlic, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Rinse chicken with cold water and pat dry. Season lightly with salt.
- In large non-stick skillet, heat margarine and oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook about 4 minutes, until seared.
- Turn chicken, cook another 4 minutes until just cooked through.
- Pour honey mixture over chicken and cook, turning chicken to coat as sauce begins to thicken, about 2 min.
- Serve chicken breasts with honey-orange glaze spooned over the top.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I made this again with the described changes and it came out amazing. I didn't have red pepper flakes, so I used red pepper. It was spicy, but very good. The orange zest makes it.<br/><br/>Original Review: This is great! I cut the recipe measurements in half to cook for two chicken breasts. Although I accidentally used a whole clove of garlic (instead of halving the amount), it still came out great. I figured: 1) you can never have too much garlic and 2) garlic cloves vary in size anyway.<br/><br/>My husband really liked this and I found the meal to be satisfying. The thing I liked about this particular recipe is it tasted like Southern BBQ without having to grill or roast for hours.<br/><br/>Next time I am going to try cooking it in a regular skillet instead of an iron skillet to see if the sauce is a better consistency. Also, because I used a carmelized honey, it further carmelized more than necessary through the cooking. I think using a regular honey would yield better results.